Tuesday, December 27, 2005

White Christmas!

We made it to Wyoming. My sister Katie was able to come with us at the last minute and surprised my family-all of us were here together for the first time in several years! It was really nice!

Christmas eve was especially nice for me. We sat around the tree singing Christmas carols (we would call out the name of one and my grandpa would play it on the piano-no music, no practice, just feel it out and play it) then we read the traditional story, did a silly play with plenty of bath towels, and opened a few presents. We all felt a good spirit that evening.

The next day was a flurry of unwrapping presents at Gina's house (that's where we stayed the night) then back to my parent's home for another gift exchange. Mom and dad gave all of the grandchildren stocking caps that my mother had knitted-multicolored for the girls and pastels for the boys. The grown up children got slippers and chocolate!

During the melée my sister Gina stood up and whispered to me "Bek, come here" I obediently stood up to follow her and was promptly tackled from behind by Jennifer. They wrestled me to the ground and joined by Katie, David and Trenton proceded to thump on my chest, lick my face and tickle me until I named 10 candy bars! Evidently they had planned this coup for several months to try and get back at me for the years of torture I had rained down upon them (I'm an oldest, what do you expect?). This was suppose to teach me a lesson...I'm not sure it stuck I still enjoy torturing them!

We have had some fun times on the sleds and playing in the snow I'm sure there will be more of that to come!

Hope you all had a joyous Christmas!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It sounds like you are having a fabulous time. There is nothing like having family around for Christmas. I'm sure the boys (and you) appreciated them having so many cousins to play with. We are hoping to get some snow again, but alas, it is all melted and it is not even January yet....Please tell everyone, your parents, Gina, Jennifer...hello for us. Merry Christmas.

GeoWulf said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like being back with siblings has been a great joy. One of these days I will have to tell you the stories about how Christian and I would torment each other.

Leslie said...

I hope my siblings never read this. :) Sounds like you're having a great time. We miss you!

MDJ said...

It was so great meeting you all! Wish I coulda seen the dogpile about which I heard so much. I hope the trip back to AZ was pleasant.

BeeP said...

Hey Geek. That was pretty fun...the tackling that is. You deserve every bit of it! I especially enjoyed the torture of finally get YOUR face licked. How did you like that, sucker! Check out my new blog.