Saturday, July 18, 2009

Carpinteria 2009
This is the fourth time we've made the trek to this beach....it's terrific!

We camped in the sand just a few hot steps to the water.


By this time we've all discovered our favorite things to do at the beach.

Adam likes to hide in the shade and read a book,


Maura and I enjoy some sun and a snack on a blanket,

Dallin digs boogie boarding.


I had a good time doing it too!

We took a few treks to the tide pools and saw crabs, sea stars, sea slugs, seals and urchins.



We played in the sand and after the first day and our sun burns, we tried to stay covered up.

But most of all we spent time together catching up, telling stories, playing games and generally enjoying our time together.


We've been friends since before children (mostly) and it's the kind of friendship that will last forever!


Love you guys!

6 comments:

BeeP said...

Looks like you had a grand time! Wish is wasn't so far away for us or we would crash your party!

Kaisa said...

Carpentaria was really fun! I want to go back soon.


Kaisa

Kylee said...

Looks like you all had a good time! I'm so jealous, I've never camped on the beach!

The Jones Family said...

So glad it was you and not me. I hate the sand, salt water and the sun for any length of time. Maybe a couple of hours. You'd never believe I grew up near the beach and sand. It was ok as a child but not as I got older. Uck

Alison said...

Looks like so much fun! I love that first picture. Whoever is standing right behind Adam is making it look like he has a flower in his hair. Tee hee

Santiago said...

I tried getting when the girl was DIRECTLY behind Adam's head. It just didn't work it. It wouldn't take much to photoshop her out. Let me know if you would like assistance.

AND

What a motley crue! So much fun and like a birthday candle, it goes so quickly.