Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sooo, it's been a long couple of weeks....here's a recap.

Adam has been at home all day and it is great and weird trying to figure out what to do with ourselves. Painted our bedroom and have done other odd jobs around the house. He spent a day trying to keep up with Dan Rogers at his construction site. It was a different environment for him swinging a hammer all day instead of just throwing his weight around the office :0)

He sent out a bunch of resumes looking for a permanent position somewhere, meanwhile he has a schedule as a freelance interpreter that began yesterday.

Dallin started school at Keller and HATED it. I thought it was just regular back-to-school blues but crying every morning and night was just too much. I talked to the teacher once (not very impressed) then went to visit his classroom. I was BORED TO TEARS. No wonder he hated it. I knew there was no way we would survive the year in that classroom. I walked out of his school and into another one I had heard good things about. I observed a classroom, asked if they had an opening and got some paper work. Talked to Adam and Dallin that night about switching schools. Dallin said he would miss his friends, but I told him just to see what he thought about it. He visited the next morning, just to observe and ended up staying the rest of the day. We officially enrolled him that afternoon. His new teacher called that night and talked a little about what he will need for school and sent me an email with some homework information. He came home happy and smiling-an entirely different kid. WHEW! So, his new school is Montessori Education Centre (yes, spelled with an R-E)on Southern/Lindsay. He has a couple friends from our neighborhood that are in his class and we can carpool! Excellent! It's a charter school and a different learning style from his previous school, but I think it will fit him well. Heck, he gets to go camping with his class Sept 1-3rd! That's so cool!

Maura is now wearing big girl undies all the time and tells everyone when she goes poop on the potty-even strangers in the store and people at church. Awesome. She has reached the age of tantrums. Fantastic. She started going to our little neighborhood playgroup with 11 other kids...can't wait until it's my turn to have them at my house!

I start interpreting at MCC tomorrow. I work M, W from 8am-1pm and Maura goes to a sitter. It's always fun to begin a new semester, meet new students, other interpreters and see what kinds of classes I'm in for.

Did not have to go to jury duty. I was a little bummed, it would have been interesting to see how the system works, but also glad as I had a lot of other things to do.

I signed up for a trial membership at a gym. It was a fundraiser and I get 3 months for $20. They have classes every morning at 5:15 and so far it's been fun (if sweating and being sore is fun). There are other ladies in my neighborhood that go and I'm happy for the motivation! Nothing like having someone wait for you and ask you where you were if you didn't show up!

Went to the dentist this week and survived. Seriously hate going to the dentist. BUT, didn't have any cavities so no more visits for a while-whew!

Went swimming for a ward party at Brimhall Pool. Maura loved the frog slide. I remembered going to Brimhall all the time with Dallin and Garrett when they were little guys. They loved the frog slide too!

Dallin went to a Diamond Back's game with a friend and had a super time. The kid has the smallest bladder in the world and almost didn't make it home. He also started piano lessons this week and had a Scout pack swim meeting. We haven't had many scout meetings during the summer and Dallin is excited to get back into it.

That's the last couple weeks in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are such a good mom. Dallin is lucky you listened and pulled him out. Good for you and the gym... I need a little peer pressure too, to get me motivated that early in the morning. I am sure Adam will find something great and it sounds like you are all doing well. Love you!