Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our tee pee (or tipi or t.p. or whatever...)

When I was a kid my grandma had a tee pee. We LOVED it. My grandma loved it because she could store it easily and use it in the house or outside and it entertained grandkids for hours. We loved to play house and hide in it and run around it.

Several years ago my mom made one for each of her kids (I think, at least I got one) and my kids love it! At least we did until we got a dog...then one day it had an extra door or two-dumb dog! It was a home for spiders in our shed until we cleaned out the shed a couple of weeks ago and I remembered it needed to be fixed.

Today I fixed it! I'm very happy with my patch job, it was quite the project. I should have taken before and after pictures-aaaagh! Why don't I think of that sort of thing!!!

Anyway, this is the final product...Garrett (and Maura) had fun today!

Note the patch (looks like blue smudge) on the far bottom right in the yellow. That was one of the smaller holes.


Garrett made sure I got a picture of him on his tummy smiling (hard to see in the shadow).



New pix of Maura outside in the sunshine. All day today I thought about how RED her hair looks with the green jumper...maybe we do have another redhead.



Yeah, okay, not great pix. It was so bright outside but we had to enjoy the sunshine after a couple days of rain and clouds!

3 comments:

Britt Woolf said...

Yahoo! You did it! It looks great. I just may have to copy your mom's pattern for Parker Family TeePees.
Les.

BeeP said...

Your kids are so darn cute. Have I said that enough yet? I never got a teepee so if you need a project, make me one! :-)

Dave Jones said...

It's so cool that you got a teepee. I loved Grandma's. I also think the word teepee has way to many "e"s in it.