Grandpa's house
My Grandpa Jones' house has been shared by many cousins and relatives in the last few years after grandma and grandpa passed away. It has needed a little care for a while and my dad and Colleen decided they could use a winter in Arizona so they came to live in it and do some fixing for a few months.
I was one of those who was blessed by being able to live in my grandparent's house while they were on a mission. It was such a help to be able to live there with few expenses. We were able to save enough money to buy a home of our own. I feel like I need to pay it back some way, so I've been trying to go over as often as possible to help do some fixing. It has been a lot of fun.
One of the exciting projects was tearing out the old kitchen counters in preparation for new ones.

Along with the old tile, there was 2 1/2 inches of concrete we had to pull out.

Dallin used his skills he learned while tearing apart our counters. He was a huge help.

It really was fun to work together.

The hardest part was getting the back splash (and another inch of concrete with chicken wire) off the walls.

Seriously, a huge project!

Let's just say we all needed a shower at the end of the day.

We were left with bare boards, bare walls and holes to patch.

Next step, putting it all back together again!



No comments:
Post a Comment