Getting ready for summer!
So, we've been talking about what kinds of activities we are going to do this summer. Swimming lessons? Gymnastics? Diving class? Vacations?
Mostly Dallin wants to hang out with his friends and enjoy a summer vacation. I don't blame him. I remember just wanting to be free of any responsibility when I had my vacations as a kid.
It also seems like summer vacation is getting shorter and shorter! We finish school on May 27th and go back August 10th! That's just 10 weeks!
I was thinking about all of our discussions when I saw a swimming pool at a yard sale this week!
It was the right price, so I got it.
Of course, the minute I get it home everyone wants to set it up and get it filled with water! With the 100 degree days it seemed like a good thing to do!
It wasn't as difficult as I imagined it would be.
It needed a little cleaning and everyone was more than willing to help!
Even with her arm in a splint, Maura wanted to be right in the middle of the action.
Dallin played photographer for a bit.
It took about 5 hours to fill completely, and after a short trip to the pool store and a little education on what types of chemicals to keep in it, voila! We have a pool!
It is still so new the kids are thrilled to help clean and figure out how to maintain it.
I hope it continues!
Maura is so excited to go swimming. Sadly, she will have a few weeks to wait before she can completely get in, but by that time it will be warm enough she will want to!



3 comments:
Looks like a blast!
You are the garage sale queen!
Did Maura get a hard cast? It looks like it?
Congratulations on the pool!!! I am sure you guys will enjoy many a cool times in it. A good reason to go in the back yard in July.
Awesome! Can we help inaugurate it? :)
Post a Comment