Family Home Evening!
Dallin loves FHE. It's the highlight of his Sunday. He complains getting ready for church, but when we say we get to have FHE after church it motivates him to get dressed in his Sunday clothes.
Thanks to my ultra-smart sister we have been learning the Articles of Faith each week-one/month. This is our first month, but so far it's been very successful and entertaining. I learned to play the song on the piano, and the rest of the family learned to sing it and we've memorized it! Only 12 more to go! So, we have a year of FHE all planned for us!
The funniest part of this is Garrett and his special way of talking. He has learned it along with the rest of us, just in his own way.
I'll try to re-create it for you: Articles of Faith #1 (according to Garrett)
We believe in God the Eternal Father (EEEE deet dog Etlah da)
and in His son Jesus Christ (ad een moon Uh-huh, Uh-huh) ...I say sun, he says Moon, I say Jesus Christ and he says Uh-huh like he is agreeing with me!
and in the Holy Ghost (ad een Hole Dote)
He's such a funny character! He tries so hard to say the words we say and he knows what he is talking about, he just has his own language!
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You did a great translation! Maybe he speaks German?
Les.
Post a Comment