Sunday, August 12, 2007

San Francisco

Six days in the city of fog! WONDERFUL! The weather was great, sooo much cooler than here in Mesa. Not sure that I could live there though. Big city, noisy, dirty, and in six days time I only saw the sun once-much different from our little valley of the sun.

Adam and I were able to go the the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) convention that was held there leaving our kids with wolves...I mean Woolf's. We are lucky to have such good friends! We sure do owe them.

While in SF Adam and I attended as many workshops as possible to keep our RID certification-I think I logged 35 hours of workshops in 6 days-AND we took some time to see the sights.

We found the ocean!


Adam wanted to visit Alcatraz, we just didn't have the time, but we did go on an hour cruise around the bay and the island.


WOW! Talk about nostalgia. My family took a trip to SF when I was just out of High School and I remember posing in front of this sculpture -one of the only things I remember about that trip (I think my really poor memory is genetic). Okay sisters, any of you recognize this statue??


A fun shopping place and great sea food and sourdough bread. (Can you tell I'm pregnant??? It's all about the food!)


Another must-see landmark, the Golden Gate bridge. The tour we took was very informative about the history of the bridge and the bay area...very worth our while. Did you know that the bridge has a full time crew of painters??? When they get to one end they turn around and head back to the other end. The painting never stops. Also, it was built to withstand the 100mph winds that sometimes blow through the bay. At these times the bridge sways up to 27 feet in both directions!


Overall, a fun place to visit and a great vacation, but it's good to be home!

1 comment:

BeeP said...

Fun, fun! I'll call you soon. I was at Girls camp when you called!