Happy President's Day!
I woke up this morning and realized I had an entire day without plans and my kids with no school. Never a good day at our house, we like plans. I remembered a fun day my sister's kids had creating their own parade on their bicycles. I discussed it with my boys and we decided we would have our own parade for President's Day! We made a list of all the kids in our neighborhood and called them (and told them to invite others) then we decorated our bicycles and made cookies for a treat after the parade.
We expected a few kids to show up, and at 3pm we waited in our driveway for them to come, and they came!

A lot of them came!

We decorated our bicycles and ourselves.

It took a few minutes to get everyone organized and properly outfitted with streamer head bands. Some wore crowns, others had balloons, flags, paper chains, and we even had some with aluminum cans bouncing along behind.

We even had the babies come! We looked like a parade!



2 comments:
So sad we couldn't make it! We were at the Zoo ALL DAY! It looks like fun!
YOu always have the most creative, fun ideas!
We are so glad you thought of this! It was fun! And you made cookies for EVERYBODY, thank you!
Post a Comment