Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Boys, Baseball and Baby Girl
Among all the craziness that is our life, Baseball has taken center stage! Dallin was lucky enough to get on a team with some good friends and he has really enjoyed it. I'm so glad he just loves the game and isn't too worried if they win or lose. Of course they LOVE to win, but if they lose, they aren't too sad because they always get sno-cones!

Dallin is on a young team and often gets to play center field. I think he gets to play this important position because he is great at catching and can throw really far! The only problem with being in the outfield is that there are so many distractions: birds, ants, butterflies, airplanes...



This picture makes me laugh because he can never keep his shirt tucked in! They don't let you chose sizes, you just get what you get when it comes to uniforms and his is way to big. Every time he is up to bat the umpire stops the game and makes him tuck in his shirt (again) and tie his shoes (again). We are going to have to start doing uniform checks in the dug-out.

Maura and I have enjoyed the great weather while watching his gamess.


We bring our lawn chairs, cool drinks, buy a pretzel or nachos and cheer for the Diamondbacks!!



You know your boy is growing up when the coach requires him to wear important man gear to play baseball. Dallin and daddy had a bonding moment when dad introduced him to the athletic cup (thank heavens for dads).

The first time he wore his cup to practice we picked up a couple other boys and the conversation in the van on the way over sounded something like this:

Dallin; "Hey, I've got my cup on *tap* *tap*, how about you guys?"
"Yep, *tap* *tap*, got mine"
"Me too, *tap* *tap*"

All the way to the field that's what I heard, those boys tapping on their cups and talking-not in quiet voices as girls would do when speaking of undergarments-but in boisterous voices laughing and tapping all the way to the field. I guess it must just be a boy thing.

Yep, boys and their things....It reminds me of Garrett....but that's another story.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh yes, boys and their cups. Ha ha ha ha! Oh boy, that made me laugh. I am SO homesick for Arizona right now(?? I know, I don't know why either. Maybe I just miss all of you. Sniffle.) Your pictures did not help. Oh and Maura looks SO much like you in that last pic. Holy smokes. I hope Dallin continues to enjoy ball and you continue to get nice (under 100 degree??) weather. Take care my friend.

Unknown said...

That is too funny!

Leslie said...

Now see...I've missed out on that and didn't even know it!

Michelle said...

yeah, I have noticed the male bonding things that never seemed to come up before... In fact when James finally got Teac in the shower for the first time without crying it reminded me of Garrett- we have shared that little story a couple of times by the way... not naming any names of course. He keeps making us smile- even from the other side.