Wildlife World Zoo
I've lived in the Phoenix area for many years and had yet to venture out west to the Wildlife World Zoo until a couple of days ago. Dallin's best friend has been in town so we decided we should check it out. It's smaller than the Phoenix Zoo, but I like it better! The animals are closer, you don't have to walk as far, there is a great aquarium and a lot of hands-on feeding. It was super fun to be able to get close to the animals and it was just the right size to be able to see everything in one day.
One of my favorite things about this zoo is that you can get super close to the animals. Maybe it's not such a good idea to get too close to a porcupine...
The giraffe on the other hand was fun to get close to.
It was one of my favorite things to feed. I love giraffes. They are so gentle and friendly and beautiful. These were social and loved getting treats.
It was better to just drop the food on the tongue, if you let the giraffe take it from you it was really slimy and gross.
Maura loved it and Dallin did too.
We also got to feed the birds.
We were given pieces of apples to hold in our hands and let the birds come to us. Maura wasn't very patient.
We were warned to not try and catch them or pet them or they would bite. Maura is not very good at listening to instructions and got nipped. She learned her lesson.
Dallin was very excited to have a bird come to him and sit on his arm for a long time.
The area where you could pet goats, deer and llamas was another favorite.
Maura shared a drink with a goat.
The little ones were especially cute.
She was so soft and gentle with the animals. I was impressed.
It was a really great day that started out a little rocky...
You'll notice Maura's cute outfit. I guess she's prone to car sickness. She puked when we were almost there, luckily it was near a Wal-mart and we quickly exited and I ran in and cleaned her up and bought her some clothes to wear. This is the second time in our friends car on the way to the zoo that it has happened! I doubt we'll be invited to go to the zoo again soon! ;0)



4 comments:
Oh I love the wildlife zoo but I haven't been there for ages! Growing up the only zoo we ever went to was the that one and it was so much fun! I think you've inspired me, I need to trek out there and let Jack enjoy the animals up close and personal!
Wow! There is a baby deer there?? How sweet!! And that stinks about the throwing up...maybe she is so excited it makes her sick. Poor thing!!
What great pictures! I love all the ones really close to the animals. Too cute. Yep, we know about carsickness here. Sounds like Maura might be like Halle! Always have a puke bucket ready in the car.
I was so glad to find your blog. I have never looked at it before. Your little Maura is soooo beautiful. Where did she get such dark hair and eyes? It looks like all is well with you. I am so glad.
Post a Comment