9 Years Old
He did it. He turned 9 years old. I honestly can't believe it. He has grown and matured so much this year and I'm a little sad. Luckily, he isn't too big for hugs and telling me he loves me and wanting me to tuck him into bed at night.He loves decorating for a birthday party. This year he wanted streamers hung from the ceiling. He talked about it for DAYS before we actually did it. He wanted to do it a week in advance, just so we could be ready. It's such a simple thing, but makes him so excited!
It was a boy party. He had a looooong list of kids he wanted to invite cousin Brady and Jude were on the list but they lived too far away. We ended up with 10 boys and one little girl at X-treme Play. Very fun and really good for channeling all that boy energy!
The little girl had a really great time too.
There was a special place just for little ones, but she wasn't afraid to chase the big boys and attempt the really big bounce houses.
And, she didn't like following the "go around and use the stairs" rule.
After a couple of hours of running and sliding and jumping, it was back to the house to sugar them up before we sent them home!
We didn't do a fancy cake this year...I'll have to do better for Maura's next month. I just didn't have the energy. (Sarah, you're going to have to show me how to make your awesome cakes!)
I've still been messing with cameras to find out exactly what I like. I've been trying to take better pictures in my house with the camera I have. It makes for some interesting pictures...
Everyone was soooo nice bringing him gifts. They were all exactly what he wanted! Bionicles, webkinz, big robots, games, cool cars, and so on. He has enough new things to last him a full year.
It was a great birthday! One of the things he especially liked were the cards he got in the mail and all the phone calls! Every time the phone would ring he would race to get it first. Then he would tell me; "Mom, that was the fourth (or fifth or sixth) call today!" It was really a terrific day!



1 comment:
Seriously? Not a fancy cake? I'm lucky if my wife frosts my cake.
Post a Comment