Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who are these kids?

I've been rifling through some old pictures in a box marked "Bekki" and this is one of the first pictures I picked up.

At first glance I thought the girl on the right might be Maura, then looking at the lovely drapes and the 1970's television I thought again....Hey! That's my sister, Gina!

I think they look a lot alike, but what really clinched it for me was the expression, the one-pony-tail hair and the froofy dress!

So, obviously, the other kid is me. There wasn't a date on the back, but it was taken when we lived in Central, Arizona. That would make me about 4 or 5 and Gina about 2 or 3.

On another note, I've never really been able to recognize myself in any of my kids. I just don't see the resemblance. I can look at other people's kids and see a resemblance to their parents but not my own kids and me....until I found this picture.

I think I look like Garrett! (Or he looks like me-whatever) The pointy chin and cheeks, the ears, and we almost have the same haircut!



Awesome!

5 comments:

Rob and Jen said...

DEFINITELY a strong resemblance!!! What a tender mercy to have come across that picture, and to see him in you! Thanks for sharing.

Stef said...

Wow! Almost twins. DOn't you love that!

BeeP said...

So true! Wow! Such cute pictures. I LOVE them. I love your smile and Garrett's dimples. LOVE THAT KID!

Michelle said...

you are totally right... as I was looking at the picture of you I was thinking, wow she looks like Garrett, and then I kept reading... how fun is that....especially the ears ;)

Unknown said...

That is a good picture of you two!!