Jenny Lake
Just north of Jackson Hole in the Teton National Forest is a beautiful glacier lake nestled against the Tetons.
One day we loaded up the van,
told my dad to take the day off to come with us, and headed to the lake.
The drive to the lake is on a small road against the mountains and totally worth the trip. On the way we stopped at the visitor's center to look around.
There was much debate as to whether we should hike the 2 miles around the lake with the little kids or ride the ferry across and climb to the waterfall. SO glad we opted for the ferry!
The boat ride was really fun and beautiful.
The hike to the waterfall was fun and we were so glad grandpa was with us to help with the little ones. Although I'm not sure Gina was glad grandpa was there to 'help' Brannen look at the water...
Maura walked some of the way but it made me nervous that she wanted to try to follow the big boys.
It was a little longer hike than expected, but totally worth it! It was nice and cool under the trees near the spray and so beautiful to sit and watch.

I can't believe that I lived in Wyoming and visited every summer for years and have never been to Jenny Lake!
Then we headed back to Jackson and swimming at the Rec center. Then a quick stop for some dinner and back to Star Valley. It was a great day.



2 comments:
I have pictures of my dad playing at Jenny lake as a boy. I think I even have a great uncle with a house near there.... It is gorgeous! Glad you finally made it.
Thanks for the awesome pictures. It helps me live a little vicariously.
Post a Comment