Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yahooo, Sister Lottie!!!

Okay, so her name now is Colleen Houck. She was my very first companion on my mission when I served in Portland, Oregon.

I bumped into her this past summer at an interpreting convention and she told me about her book that she self published. She had a copy so I bought it from her. Since this summer she's been picked up by the book publisher Sterling under their Splinter imprint. They just re-released the first book in the five part series and the second book comes out in February. I also hear from Colleen that there is a movie in the making!! How awesome is that! I'm so excited for her!! It couldn't have happened to a nicer girl!

You know when you joke with someone and tell them that when they are rich and famous you can claim to know them "way back when"? I can totally do that now!

Introducing: Tiger's Curse (Oooo, Ahhhhh)


and Tiger's Quest! (More Oooo-ing and Ahhh-ing)


I read the book and it's definitely Twilight-ish (minus the vampires). If you like YA fiction and into action/romance you will enjoy this book.

So if you need a book and have some time (the first one is about 400 pages and the second is even longer) give me a call and I'll loan you my copies (the self-published ones with her autograph-woot!). If you want your very own copies they are available on Amazon.*


*This is not a paid advertisement. I just think it's super cool Colleen has been so successful! BUT, if she does happen to read this and wants to give me an early copy of the third book I won't turn it down! ;0)*

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey.. I heard about them as well. My friend recommended me to read it. Can I borrow it???? :) AND we live super close so I could come and get it. We should do something together. It'll be fun! L

Wenonah said...

Yahoo! Is this Brad's wife? Sounds right up our alley, we enjoy reading that kind of stuff. When the clamor for the books die down, could we borrow them pretty please?