Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's Project time!!

This Thanksgiving weekend we (meaning I) decided that since Adam had TWO WHOLE DAYS off from work, it was time to do some projects!!

Project #1: Re-decorate the bathroom and get rid of the giant "RMS Titanic" lettering . We pulled wall-paper off the ceiling, textured, added crown moulding (thanks hubby) and painted...ahhh, much better!















Project #2: Scrape the 'popcorn' ceiling in the playroom-it went so fast we (meaning I) decided we should do the boy's bedroom too!!! Thanks to Christian, it didn't take very long. Then on to patching....when that didn't work we textured the ceilings and painted them. Thanks to Katie for all the help painting the ceilings and trim!

Project #3: Painting the boys' room! Sophia was such a great help! Oh, and Leslie helped a little ;-)

The wainscoating (sp??) is a navy blue, the trim white, and the wall above a tanish color (I am getting rid of my millions of quarts by mixing them!)















Dallin was instrumental in placement of the furniture of his room. He wanted the maps so he could see them when lying in his bed.











Project #4: Painting the playroom! I wanted to do some fun stripes and heard about a good way to get a perfect line; After taping, put a small amount of PAINTABLE caulk on the edge of the tape and smear it flat sealing the tape to the wall. Paint, then pull it off when it's dry and TA-DA, perfectly straight lines. Leslie is a great model for the technique.









SEE!? Perfect stripes! and NO touch-ups! Michelle, you gotta' try this! But, don't forget to use PAINTABLE CAULK (hee hee, Leslie told me the story of Delilas' house).










The blue color on the top is a mixture of several colors I had in the garage, and the blue on the bottom was left over from our previous house. The yellow "Kayak Yellow" to be exact is from Michelle-the color she painted Marlo's first bedroom!

Project #5???? Sleep for three days and try to recover!!! SHEESH! What a huge venture to try and do three rooms all at once. It will be a while till I put my painting clothes on again!

Hmmm, when's the next holiday? No wonder Adam never has time off from work! GRINS!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

OH, all 3 of the rooms came out absolutely beautiful!! I wish I had been there to help! Unfortunately it will be a while before I have any rooms of my own to paint...and I hope you used the nail gun to put up the crown moulding...that is a tricky enough job as it is without trying to hold it still while you nail. It is nice to have help to implement your ambitious vision.

Santiago said...

That is incredible! What a lot of work, but it looks like it was worth it. You know that you will never get one of those design shows to come do your house it you fix it up so nicely!

kudos to Adam on the bathroom crown molding!