Monday, September 17, 2007

I am a fan of musicals!

I was thinking today of all the great musicals I watched as a kid. My parents were fans, and my grandparents, so naturally I am a fan. I remember every Sunday night we would make popcorn (the old-fashioned way on the stove with the pot where you had to crank the handle-none of this microwave stuff) and watch a classic musical. I think what a really loved was the time we spent together as a family.



I want my boys to have the same fond memories of sitting around and watching fun movies together! I already forced them to watch The Sound of Music, The King and I, and Oklahoma! but I'm going to need some more kid-friendly movies to get them hooked (hubby friendly ones would help to!).

I decided it's time to introduce my family to classic musicals and to start my collection. So, if you ever need an idea of what to send our family for Christmas, Easter, Birthdays, Labor day, Valentine's Day, Memorial day, Canada day, Yom Kippur, or any other random holiday, a movie musical would be great!!!

Musicals I don't have that I like:
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof
Guys and Dolls
Singing in the Rain
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
My Fair Lady
Music Man
Oliver
Camelot
Annie (with Carol Burnett)
Rigoletto
Finian's Rainbow
Court Jester


I'm sure there are others, I just can't seem to think of them right now! I already have:
Sound of Music
The King and I
Oklahoma!
Carousel (not my favorite)
South pacific
State Fair
Newsies

So, what great classic musicals have I missed? Which ones should I add to my list?? Help me out!

1 comment:

Bergeson Family said...

Hey Beck,
Chad ran into Adam in SLC and gave us your blog...it's fun catching up with your family! Here are a few shows you might want to add...we love musicals...

Paint Your Wagon
Three Little Words ~ Fred Astaire
The Producers ~ Nathan Lane
Mary Poppins
Mamma Mia
Rent
The Phantom of the Opera
Young Frankenstein
Spamalot
Les Miserables
Hairspray and more...:)

Take care! XOXO
Mindy