Random News
Where have I been? As my dad would say, "Chained to my desk".
One of my projects was a Keller Family Culture night for our school. We celebrated Dia De Los Muertos and had an ofrendas "offering" to the dead. The kids made masks and an altar with sweets and decorations to entice the spirits of those who have died to come back and visit. It also included pictures of the dead and humerous stories. It's an interesting Mexican tradition we learned about. There was a terrific turn out!
I am enjoying learning about the culture of our community. The more I enteract with the families in our school the more I learn. I think my next goal will be to get serious about learning Spanish.
On to other things....
Mookie is a cutie. She just looked so grown up one day I had to take some pictures.
I don't know if I could clothe my family and have furniture to sit on if I didn't venture out several times a month and scour the neighborhood. I usually go with my friend Leslie, but I think I inherited the yard sale bug from my mom who got it from my grandma Jones.
Other news...
Did I mention that Adam is training for a half marathon?? Yeah, he's a little nuts (but oh, so hot).
More news...
Dallin is getting baptized on November 8th! Today we had is baptism preview and he learned all about what was going to happen.



4 comments:
Love the pics...and those cargo pants are adorable! Any extra girlie clothes you want to get rid of, you can send my way!
Dallin and Maura sure are growing. It's hard to believe that Dallin is getting baptized. Maura looks like a little girl. Have Adam send his exercising bug this way so we can get into shape.
I always enjoy looking at your blog. You would think that we were a million miles away from each other instead of maybe 2. It's nice to know what you are all up too. Love ya and hopefully we will see you all soon. I will let Shandraya know that Dallin will be baptized on her birthday. That will help us to remember that day even more.
Yeah that program at the school was pretty cool. Jace couldn't decide which person to honor, Garrett or his great grandpa. After he thought about it, he came to me and said he really wanted to honor Garrett but he was worried that it might make Dallin sad, so he decided to honor his grandpa. I thought it was so sweet how he struggled with the decision. He loves Garrett so much but loves his friend enough to try to spare him some of the sorrow. Things like this really point out how amazing and strong our children our in these last days!
Maura is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment