Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Homeward bound
Sadly, all good vacations end. The drive home was LOOOONG. We stopped overnight after some slow, snowy roads and did the trip in two days.

Adam was the driver,
Dallin was the sad boy who didn't want to go home, (note the bags under his eyes from days and days of no sleep)
and Maura was the pill who just wanted OUT!!! I was driven to do drastic things to keep her occupied.
The stickers lasted for about 15 min. I really need a new bag of tricks to take on long car rides!

We made it home safely and just in time too. My dad called to tell us the morning we left his thermometer read -27 degrees! YIPES! I think I like 60 degrees better!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Holy Moley! What an update. You are the queen blogger. I just read them all and feel like I was there. Of course, we wish we could've come with you, but that snowy weather just looks so COLD! ((shiver))
We're glad you're home and glad you survived Christmas and all its adventures--physical and emotional. Love you...

The Jones Family said...

well glancing through all of your latest blog pictures it looks like you had a really fun time with your family Bekki. We sure missed you all at the last two family get together's. Their will be more though. I'm glad it was you in all of that snow though. I really don't like to be cold. I guess that's why we live here in wonderful sunny Arizona. Love, Aunt Julie