Sunday, January 18, 2009

Today was the big day!
Here he is at 6am getting ready to leave the house. Impressive, don't you think?


We went and watched Adam finish his half marathon. The Woolf's came with us along with about 50,000 other people! We had to park about a mile away then hurry through the crowds to find a place where we could see Adam cross the finish line. We stood around in a big parking lot looking over the heads of the crowd to try and find Adam. We were afraid we wouldn't be able to find him! Can YOU pick him out of this crowd??

When we got there, we were early and had to wait a while. The kids were exhausted from our mile hike (imagine doing 13??).



We watched and waited for almost an hour and then, there he was! We scrambled to get good pictures (unfortunately, I am not a professional photographer-I'm a little disappointed I didn't get better pictures).

Here he is!



He was with Ruth, his friend from work he had trained with. They are awesome!

We are so proud of him! He was a little disappointed that during the race he had problems with his knee and needed to stop and get it wrapped, but he finished in good time. He really is amazing to me!

My hero!

I can't wait to see what he is going to do next...


Oooooo, I almost forgot. When we got home he took a shower and came out looking like this:


Maura didn't recognize him, but I sure do! LOVE the baby face!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

YAY Adam! Good for him. Tell him congrats from us, Bekki!

delilas said...

Congrads to Adam!!! I love watching those that I have seen train so hard cross that finish line. I love waiting and watching at the finish. I secretly wish that I would be able to be a runner. Oh, I did not just say that. !!! Adam should train to do the St George Marathon with my boys in Oct. It starts right up by John's parents house. It is all down hill except the Veyo hill at mile 9 is a little intense. Love your music choices too.

Bergeson Family said...

SO GREAT!!! Way to go Adam!!!

Unknown said...

GO Adam!

The Jones Family said...

I like the clean face better. Congrats on the race. It seems like everyone had a good time.

Michelle said...

I love it when the finally shave!! They look much more like the man you married in the first place. Congratulations Adam!!!