Sunday, May 03, 2009

May 1st

On Friday none of us felt like doing the things we normally do. Dallin had been sick on Thursday and Maura the day before that, and none of us really wanted to do anything so we decided to go to the Zoo and spend the day as a family.

Maura really loves animals and wanted to crawl out of the stroller and touch everything and Dallin wanted to take pictures and pose for pictures.


Maura really just loved trying to touch everything, even this tom turkey that wanted to peck her fingers.

Dallin had a staring contest with him, and it literally ruffled his feathers! That turkey was MAD! He followed Dallin everywhere he went trying to get at him.


We like the zoo, but it's a lot of walking and not enough hands-on for the Mookster. Next time we need an outing with animals we will just have to find someone with goats or pigs or chickens to feed and pet.



Once it got hot we parked ourselves by the splash pad and had a snack,

Then put our feet (and hands and body in Dallin's case) in the cool water.

We didn't come prepared to get completely wet, but that didn't stop Dallin.

He was a little rough.

I think he scared some of the little kids.

But, he sure did have a good time.


The mookster wasn't really keen on getting soaked. She barely put her toes in and was done.


She is a little afraid of falling water. I think she scared herself too many times accidently turning on the shower when she was in the tub. She HATES it when the shower comes on, and I think this was a little too much like that.


We thought of Garrett often today and wished he were here to play with us at the zoo. We talked a lot about what he would want to do at the zoo and what we would have like to do with him. It was a good day to be together.

3 comments:

BeeP said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend the day as a family. I'm sure Garrett was there in spirit.

delilas said...

Garrett is with you often and I'm so glad that you talk a lot about him as a family.
If you have not been out to the Wild Animal zoo in the West Valley you should do that. It has bird feeding times and you can feed the giraffes and the animals were closer. I just remember that we really enjoyed it when we lived there.

Leslie said...

You're really good at posting about your kids, but this one is such a great representation of Dallin and Maura. All three of your kids are amazing people and I'm so glad we get to spend so much time with you all.
xo Les.