Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hidden Treasures

This morning as I was searching for an SD card to give pictures to someone I stumbled upon these pictures! To me it's like finding a chest full of doubloons! Although the pictures are poor quality and rather small, they are more valuable to me than almost anything. They remind me of what a fun kid Garrett was.

This was taken several years ago at my sister's house in Wyoming. The kids were wrangled by Rae into dressing up and doing a play. I believe they are suppose to be pirates.


The whole pirate gang, complete with tatoos. Evidently Garrett was the only modest pirate among the boys. If you look closely you can see him showing off his "LOVE" tatoo (I think it was permanent magic marker and stayed on for a week or so) on his bicep.


Another couple of pictures probably taken on a camera phone at night in a backyard-not the best quality photo, but oh, do I love them!

This was at my cousin Andrew's wedding reception (read back yard hoe-down). All the little kids got a chance to ride the pony.


Yeah, he loved it.

I'm so happy to have found these this morning. I've been missing him a lot lately and thinking about how he would enjoy this holiday with us and all the fun things we've been doing. Now I've got my 'Garrett fix' for today.

2 comments:

Harriett said...

Those pictures of Garrett are precious. What wonderful memories!

BeeP said...

Such a wonderful find! I LOVE that kid. I've been thinking a lot about you. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and memories of your sweet Garrett.