Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Oh-my-freatin'-dosh! (as Garrett would say)

Guess what my hubby got me for my birthday...



an iPad!!

Sadly, I had absolutely no idea what an iPad was...when he got home late last night he excitedly handed me the white box with the apple logo on the side and I still had no idea. I opened it and still had no idea. He spent 10 minutes telling me all about it, and I still had no idea!

I was terrified to open the box. I'm really that retarded when it comes to techno stuff. All I could think about was is this a gift for me or him?

He looked at me with the "what-planet-have-you-been-on" look and stormed off to his room. I hurt his feelings. I'm stubborn and resistant to change. I couldn't imagine what I would do with this gigantic cell phone thingy he just handed me....Then I turned it on!

Holy Guacamole Batman! This is about the coolest thing ever!!! Even a moron like me figured out how to set it up and sync it (okay, I asked for his help twice) and spent the next two hours playing with all the apps.

I took it with me to work this morning and when I had a few minutes I played with it and...EVERYONE walking past stopped to gape and ask me questions and wanted to see it. Ha! I'm the cool kid at school!

It is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I can now imagine myself using it for all kinds of things, carrying it around, buying a new bag it will fit in so I can take it wherever I go. I want to buy accessories for it (which, if you know me is WAY out of character)!
Oh yeah, this is MY iPad.

Don't even think about messing with it, honey. Thank yooooou! I love it!

You are the best hubby ever! I'm so glad you drag me kicking and screaming out of the dinosaur age. I love you!

(ummm, you're gunna' have to help me figure out how to add new apps. I need them!)


6 comments:

Leslie said...

WOW!! Can I come play? Can you convince Christian to get me one for my birthday? ;)

delilas said...

Oh my freakin dosh I am so jealous!!! That is the only i thing I have ever wanted. I am not even sure why but the minute I say one on the website I wanted. You are the coolest and you have the coolest husband. Happy Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

HOLY COW!!!! Whoa!! You know what Bekki? I would do the same thing. Huh? What is that? *sigh* In fact, today my sister in law had an ipod for her birthday and she show it to me. I had no idea what that little thing can do. Amazing but the Ipad is more amazing! That is a fun and coolest gift! Enjoy!

Stef said...

Oh man! That is awesome. My hubby would be so jealous of you. They look like so much fun!
My husband, on the other hand, usually gets me something really exciting. Exercise equipment. Yipee! I think he does this because secretly he wants it for himself. So why doesn't he get me an ipad because HE really wants it instead of Biggest Loser Trilogy this year..

Sarah Q said...

I am SO jealous! I have the itouch, the smaller, less-fancy version of the ipad and I'm obsessed with it and all the apps! They're so fun! Lucky girl ;)

Heather said...

Don't feel bad, I didn't know what an iPad was either until this last weekend when we walked by the Apple store in the mall and there were a hundred people inside looking at them. Larry's now trying to convince me that he needs one -- nevermind the brand new laptop he bought just 6 months ago!