Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School

*Sniff* He's off to the first day of school, and he's excited about it! I'm so glad. We were worried there for a while, he didn't want to go until he met his teacher and saw where he would be sitting, and now he's very excited.

He's gotten taller this summer. We had to raise his bicycle seat and move his handlebars back so he could still ride his bicycle. Maybe he will get a new one for his birthday.

On a sad note, it was hard to send one boy to school and not two. I avoided the Kindergarten side of the school and tried to keep myself extra busy yesterday so I didn't have time to be sad. I was still sad.

Garrett was always excited to go to school. He would have loved riding his scooter or walking with his good friend and neighbor Mitchell. He would have LOVED meeting new kids, singing songs and learning to read.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I was sad about this all day, too. I love you guys. I still wish there was something that would make it all better.
Les.